Isaiah 60 calls us to look forward to the New Jerusalem where:
- God will dwell with us in all of his glory with such brilliance that there will be no need for the sun or moon (v1-2, 19-20, see also Rev. 21:3, 23).
- God’s people will be gathered from the nations to dwell with God forever (v3-4, 9, 21, see also Rev. 21:2-3).
- God will make the city a place of glorious beauty (v7, 13, 15, see also Rev. 21:2, 11, 18-21).
- Great wealth, abundance, and praise will flow into the city for an ever-expanding glorious beauty (v5-7, 9, 11, 13, 17, see also Rev. 21:24-26).
- Great salvation from sin will be completed as everyone trusts in him, submits to him, and walks in righteousness before him (v9, 10-12, 14, 17-18, 21, see also Rev. 21:8, 27).
- Great salvation from the consequences of sin become a reality as peace reigns, mourning comes to an end, and joy abounds (v11, 15, 20, see also Rev. 21:4, 25)
Even so, come, Lord Jesus!